Monday, November 30, 2009

The little engine that could

You know the story of the little engine that could? Where he had to make it up this big hill, but he was just a little guy. Well the whole way up he kept telling himself, "I think I can, I think I can," and he made it all the way up that big hill!

Well I have a big hill I need to get up. Sometimes when I look at it I don't know how I could possibly make it; it's so high and far away!

We are given challenges in our lives to help us grow as people. To shape us into the people we are continually trying to become. Everyone has their own challenges to face. Sometimes they are almost too hard to bare.

I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that our Heavenly Father will not give us anything we can't handle. And when it seems that he has, it just means we need him that much more. We NEED to turn to him! I'm cashing in all my tokens right now, and I know he hears me.

I know that my Heavenly Father hears my prayers. He knows of my every happiness, every sorrow, every desire, and every intention. He knows me better than I know myself.

So I will have to continue up that hill... I think I can, I think I can

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. That's just what I needed. Good luck with your hill. I'm sure you'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, I hope whatever difficulty you are facing right now will resolve. There are so many trials and hardships to overcome. It seems like when the wind finally calms down and you are able to stand back up, another storm blows in.

    But, you are right. There are reasons for these storms. In the end, we are STRONGER. We can ENDURE more. And, yes, we are CLOSER to our Heavenly Father.

    I think of you often. I hope you'll make it through this challenge of yours. I know you will.

    ReplyDelete