Friday, June 5, 2009

28 Weeks!

Well here I am at 28 weeks! I can't believe I am here! My next doctor's appointment will be the last one I have in the "every 4 weeks" category. Then it goes to 2, and then 1, and then BABY!!! Totally crazy!!!

Things are going really well, everything with baby girl looks good, or at least that is what the doctor says. I took the glucose test and passed it with flying colors! Always a good thing, especially because with this pregnancy I have liked me some SUGA! HAHAHA!!! Last post I have my little "woe is me" time so I won't bother anyone by saying any more. Except.... I feel like a freaking WHALE!!!! This was probably the most flattering shot we took so this is the one I am showing. :)

So yeah... I don't have any other updates on pregnancy, everything seems to be going well, but I do have to stop and tell everyone how sweet my husband is!!!
Lately we have been going through milk faster than we have in the past, so this last trip to Costco we made the big leap and bought 2 gallons!
I was thinking we would probably be okay, but still had a nagging feeling about what if we didn't drink all of it in time? and milk is one of those things I have always had a hard time with consuming after the expiration date.
... So anyway on with my story... I decided that it would be wonderful if we had chocolate milk, and strawberry milk mix! That would definitely help me consume that much milk within the allotted time! Also lately I have been wanting some of the most wonderful comfort food there is... Mac and Cheese!!! I love it!!! totally sent straight from heaven!!! but alas we had gone through our stash.
So we decided we would run to the store to grab these items and have a fantastic night. When we looked at the clock, we realized that one of my favorite shows, "So You Think You Can Dance," was supposed to be starting in 5 minutes! (That's right! another dancing show! gotta love 'em) Well my sweet husband decided that he would make the trip to the store by himself, so that I wouldn't miss my show. AWE!!! (it may not be a big deal to anyone else, but it sure meant a lot to me!)
By the time he returned I had learned that SYTYCD was starting at 8 rather than its usual 7 o'clock slot. But he came back with both chocolate and strawberry mix and... a 12 pack of Mac and Cheese!!! After that he totally let me lay down and relax with my full glass of strawberry milk while he slaved away making our cheesy delight, served it to me, and refilled my glass (with regular milk this time)
After we ate, Corey took both dishes, and my empty glass, and washed them. Then the show came on and we watched that. (Side note: I am so sad they didn't let both of the Casperzan(?) brothers through!!! they both we awesome!!!) As we watched, Corey was so nice to give me a back massage, and massage my hips which have not been feeling wonderful lately. When the show was over, we decided to catch some news, when to my dismay I found... a stretch mark!!!!!!!!!! "Dun, dun, dun" (in gloomy suspenseful tones) I was so sad!!!! I have been lathering myself with cocoa butter religiously everyday, and have not escaped this dreaded day!!! So, I cried! and Corey was so sweet and just held me and let me cry. I told him my fears of him not liking me anymore after this whole thing and he reassured me that it didn't matter if my body was covered in these ugly marks, he would still love me. I just love him!!!
So after we got our fill of state and world events we decided it was time to head to bed. So we laid in bed for a bit while Corey read to me one of his Batman comics. and let me tell you... there is a lot more to the Batman stories than I ever would have thought!!!
Now this last part needs a little back up story, but it will be quick. Corey sleeps with 2 pillows, on for his head, and one he holds on to while he sleeps. I have a body pillow, and one for my head. And last night while we were starting to fall asleep Corey remembered how I told him that I was needing another pillow to prevent me from rolling onto my back, (not good when the baby's weight cuts off circulation in your main arteries) and recalled how I told him I stored an extra pillow that we had under the bed and ripped a big hole in it and that I have been scared to take it out because of not wanting to get feathers everywhere. So my loving, thoughtful husband gave me his pillow, so that I would be comfortable!!! I know, it really may be little to anyone that reads this, but it seriously means the world to me, that he would care about my comfort so much to give me his pillow so I had 3 and he just had his one and only. I just feel so lucky to have him in my life and just want everyone to know that he makes me so happy!!! I love you Corey!!!

P.S. Thanks for tuning in! sorry it was such a long post!

2 comments:

  1. What is the deal with milk, I hate milk, but during those first three awful months of being pregnant chocolate milk was one of the only things I could keep down. And strawberry is sounding like something i may need to try :) Also, I am totally freaked out about stretch marks and all that lovely stuff, but if it make you feel better, I was a total fatty in middle school and got a ridiculous amount of strech marks, and now 10 years later you can hardly see them. So they do fade, but it still sucks, I guess that's why i'm still scared of them. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my only wish is that i could one day be married to corey myself so i will know such a love as this.

    Grant

    ReplyDelete