Monday, June 1, 2009

Getting the ball rolling!

Today Corey and I start our prenatal classes! I am pretty excited because its starting to feel like things are actually moving along. So every Monday night for the next 4 weeks we won't be able to hang out or anything, not that we really did before, but just an FYI :)
I am really excited to learn more about pregnancy and giving birth and breast feeding and all that jazz! I was actually just reflecting on where I am now where I was 6 months ago on the whole pregnancy thing. I have actually learned a lot! and a lot about myself in the process!

1- I don't really like as much attention as I once did. I don't mind the questions, but I have found that I like to blend in a lot more and not have all the eyes on me.

2- I am a bit (and by a bit I mean a LOT) more self conscious about the growing tummy and the weight gain than I thought I would be, the acceptance of these didn't come as naturally to me as they have to some people.

3- I never thought at this point I would still be able to fit in my pre-preggo pants, but I can!!!! (with keeping the button unbuttoned of course)

4- I really haven't had too many cravings, they come few and far between.

5- Feeling the baby move inside you pretty much feels like it would feel if someone were touching you on the outside.

6- And while feeling the baby move is a great experience, is a little more annoying sometimes than I thought it would be, especially when she is up in my ribs and I can't really relax.

7- Sleeping on my side isn't as comfortable as it once was, especially when the baby is awake and decides she wants to jump on the bed.

8- I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this, but people asking about names starts to get old, really really fast. The answer is -No, we haven't found a name yet, and no we aren't going to decide on one for sure until we see her and see what she looks like.

Anyway, those are just some things that I have learned about myself, and this whole journey...
I hope it has been a entertaining, enlightening, and interesting. I will post another preggo picture soon. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Hannah Liz you're so cute! I'm so excited you're going to be a mommy! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me smile, Hannah. I was honestly thinking about how much I admire you. As I drove home I almost picked up my phone and called you, just to tell you how wonderful I think you are!

    I completely enjoyed reading about what you've learned. I'm sure a lot of things get old (and will only continue to get older before your little girly gets here)..just think! Two more months (I'm thinking positive here..two sounds better than 2 1/2 or 3!)

    Much love,
    Addy

    ReplyDelete