Sunday, August 30, 2009

Good Morning Starshine! The earth says "Hello!"

Okay so I tried but I wasn't able to change the picture but you get the idea... She is Here!!!! YAY!!!!!!

So here is the story...
August 29th. At 5 am started feeling contractions. Thy weren't 3 min apart bu they were intense. Corey had work at 6 am and let because we figured it would be fine. Then the contractions got more intense and I started bleeding. So I called the hospital and they suggested I come in. So I called Corey and told him to come home about 10 min after he got to work =]

We got to the hospital about 6:50 am. I was in a lot of pain from the contractions, but they had to wait for an hour to make sure I was making progress. I was admitted to the hospital at a 2 1/2 and after an hour was at 3 so hey fully admitted me. Requested the epidural right then and there and got it in at about 8:45 am. At that point I was in good shape.

We did a lot of waiting, but at one point I went from a 4 to a 7 in 45 min. I called my mom (who was diving from California) and she as in Vegas at that point and that sort of threw her into a panic. She actually was pulled over or speeding, but the cop said he would let her off with a ticket for just 10 over.

By about 3 I had dilated to a 10. The nurses suggested we do 'rest and descend' which is where I had dilated to a 10,but would just rest for about 1 hour before pushing so that the natural contractions would bring the baby down further so I would push for less time.

About 20 minutes before started pushing my mom came! I was so happy she had made it. The pushing commenced at 4:15 pm . I only pushed for about 45 min and she came right out.

I had a great cheer squad and support system there. My two sisters Lydia and Megan were there in the room taking pictures. Corey and my mom were coaching me through the pushing. Everyone said I was doing good which helped me feel good.

At 5:11 pm Sadie Renee Ostler was born at 8 lbs 13 oz. 21 inches long. We are so glad our baby girl is here!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! I am so happy she is here, and very cute on top of it:) Love the name! Starshine would have been a good name too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo! WooHoo! You go, girlie girl! Go Sadie! Go Sadie! Hannah--we are SO excited for you that she's here!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!! Congratulations to all of you! I am glad your Mom made it! It sounds like everything went really well--that's great! Again, our best wishes and big hugs go out to you!
    Love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! she's so pretty! look forward to seeing more pics! rest up!
    lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee. I think you were still on a little pain killer when you wrote this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...and she's as beautiful as her mommy! What a precious princess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! congratulations! I'm glad everything went well and that your mommy could make it! that's awesome! She is a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete