Friday, October 2, 2009

For real???? Are you kidding me??

So..... yesterday I went to the oh so wonderful "Wally World" to print off some of the newborn pictures of Sadie for her blessing. oh PS... Sadie is being blessed on Sunday Oct. 11th at 11:10 anyone that wants to come is more than welcome!
Anyway back to my story... So I am there at Wal-Mart and I have Sadie bundled up due to the inconvenience of the recent cold weather. She is wearing a pink, long sleeve onesie with white polka dots, pink socks that you couldn't see because of her thick fuzzy pink blanket, and pink, brown, and green striped blanket, all topped off with her pink beanie complete with a pink bow infront.
Now I am not a pink person. It just happened that those were the warmest things I could find for her.
Anyway so I am standing at the photolab picking out the pictures I would like blown up, when an elderly man comes up to me and our conversation goes as follows...

Man: Oh! He's sleeping...
Me (unaware that he just called my daughter a boy): yep!
Man: do you want me to wake him up?
Me (still not catching what he said, but slightly annoyed that this perfect stranger would think it is okay to wake my soundly sleeping baby when I am so happy that she IS sleeping): oh no thanks she is good how she is.
Man: Oh its a girl
Me (now realizing what he was saying and much more annoyed that he would think that this child is a boy considering her outfit): yeah... she's a girl
Man: you know at this age it's so hard to tell
Me: yeah............

I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!! FOR REAL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! SHE IS IN ALL PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, people are clueless!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just had to chuckle...we had a similar thing happen to us when one of our girls was tiny, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wal-Mart shoppers... is this really surprising?

    ReplyDelete