Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Boy, Girl? Girl, Boy?

For the last little while I have been having some thoughts...

For I don't know how long I knew that when I eventually had kids, I was hoping for a boy first. Not because of any disliking for girls its just, growing up in the family I did... where if you added everyone up there were 12 of us and out of the 10 still living, there was only one boy. So it is more of, "a boy would be nice."
Well anyway on with my thought...
Anyway so when I found out that I was pregnant, my first reaction was "I HOPE ITS A BOY!" And hearing the things you do, the advice (wanted and unwanted), and the old wives tales, and this, that, and the other. You start hearing about different ways you can tell before the actual ultrasound.
I have had dreams that I was having a boy so I just credited it to "intuition." but one of those old wives tales that I have heard is how a boy's heart beat tends to be slower than a girls. Well anyone who has or is having a baby can tell you that the average heart rate is between 120 and 180 beats per minute. and the highest my baby has been at is 162 and has gone down to 138 since then.
Naturally this would thrill someone who is really hoping for a boy, but with not being able to know for at least another 2 weeks, I am trying not to get my hopes up for anything.
And before anyone thinks that I would be a bad mother if I got a girl, I just want to clear the air that I have taken that into deep consideration. and I know, I mean KNOW that I will be very happy with a girl if that is what the Lord has decided for us.
I would say that for about the last week to week and a half it has truly been on my mind. I feel that the Lord has softened my heart so much to the thought of having a girl that right now, (and I don't know if this will change) but right now I truly couldn't tell you what I am hoping for. I know that I will love this baby more than I can even comprehend right now! This baby will be a part of me and a part of Corey, the most important person in my life! How much of a gift is that?!
So anyway I don't know if anyone else has experienced this same thing but I am truly thankful for this lesson!

3 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to me...but the other way around...lol But I ended up with a girl like I had wanted in the beginning.
    Either way, like you said, you'll love them more than you know! :) I am so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope, regardless of the gender, your baby is healthy!

    I hope you're feeling okay... pregnancy is much harder than anyone knows and it's not until you go through it that you can even KIND OF understand.

    Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey butthead. I had no idea you were pregnant! Congrats to you and Corey. I guess I probably should come around more often to keep up on what's going on with all of you, eh? Hope all is well. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete