Friday, March 6, 2009

Heaven on Earth...

Last night Corey and I were able to go to the Draper Temple open house along with his family. The temple was absolutely beautiful! The chandeliers, the wood, and the art work was truly amazing. I feel so privileged to have these temples so close to us!

I would have to say that one of my favorite parts of the whole experience was watching members answer non-member's questions. This was an amazing missionary experience even for me! I didn't teach anyone, but my testimony was certainly strengthened my the reverence and the majesty of this wonderful place. I hope everyone that wants to, has the chance to go through and partake in this special experience.

1 comment:

  1. We loved the Draper one as well. It might be one of my favorites (from the inside). It has such a grand design inside its rooms and yet remains very classy.

    Mel and I managed to leave our mark on it, however. I was pushing her wheelchair out of the baptismal font room and I misjudged the turn. Her "foot rest" caught and gouged a section of the door. I know that they go through and touch it all up before the dedication, but I can't help but worry I'll have to answer for that "later on".

    ReplyDelete